Wednesday, March 23, 2011

1st Date with Our Previous

14 Dec 2010, 1st Visit to my Gynae at Hougang, Dr Chan
Feeling: Scary, Fear
Location of Precious: Left
Size: 4mm
Stage of Pregnancy: 6.1 Weeks
This is my first visit to the Gynae with and without my Bf/Hubby-to-be.
Why do i say with and without, i went alone and he came to join me at the later time.
Reason, need to run to a GP to get MC for his reservist in order to accompany me for this visit.

Reach the clinic at about 11am after Fion called to help me get an appointment for the visit. Dr Chan is also the Gynae that Fion visits when she is carrying Kayden.
The feeling when i first stepped into the clinic was horrible. All the women in there are all seated down wearing loose clothings with Tummies bloated like a giant balloon which might burst anytime... they look dangerous.... comparing to all of them, me as a young mum i really dunno where i stand and what i should do.

Wilx managed to reach there before its my turn. honestly the first date with our baby is odd... why is it so?
i guess its because i'm unsure of the situation at that point and unsure of whats coming up next. The only thing i am sure is that when Dr Chan ask me " Have you two decided to keep the baby?" our immediate answer is "YES"
I dunno why i said Yes although i am still unsure at that point but i guess Yes is the answer that is pleasing to everyone.


The process of the scan was okie just that its a little different comparing to visiting a GP... Baby's heartbeat wasnt really fast but it was clear enough for me and wilx to hear. and through the monitor, we can see our baby, which was only 4mm..

After the scan, Dr Chan did a calculation base on my last period to see when's the EDD of my baby.. Its 8 Aug 2011... Hopefully a National Day Baby...
Doc said that Baby is healthy just that its relatively unstable due to the bleeding. I will have to be extra careful and have to monitor any spotting tat occurs..

A little Tip from Pris who just gave birth to a lovely princess. Wear a pantyliner through your first trimester if bleeding ever occur so that any spotting can be noticed and monitored constantly. Bleeding is not a rare thing to happen during the first trimester, it happen to some pregnant women. We just have to take note that if it really occurs, monitor the situation and report to the Gynae if it worsen or prolonged for too long.

This is a delayed post, will update regarding our 2nd Date and also the various events that happened during this period of time.

No comments: