Monday, October 17, 2011

Being First Time Mom

After Princess Is home its the start of our nightmare....

New borns are jus so hard to predict what they wan and hard to meet their expectations...
I can still remember the long nights i have to carry her trying to make her sleep...
It can be hours of rocking and singing to her... Argh

We tried ways and means to let her get use to sleeping in her baby cot...
Liz can sleep real well in the day on the rocker but when it comes to the night, she simply refuse to sleep... and even she sleeps in her baby cot that might only last her about 30 mins or so before the siren goes off and its the start of the long night...

Lucky enough hubby is there to help me to take shift.. but being first time mom, i cant help but got a little paranoid... esp when she starts whining or making noise... I will just jump out from my bed and head to her... but this did harm to myself cos bcos of too much movements, my c-sect wounds didnt recover.... it dragged another week before i can remove the stitches...

The pain is bearable but it bothering cos the pain jus hit me in shock.... i hate painkillers so its worse....

Hubby keeps reminding me not to get too stress or paranoid over the baby cos it might cause me post natal depression... the 1st week really kills... i started crying cos i cant handle my baby (she keeps crying and i dunno how to make her stop) and i gt very worried cos of my low milk supply... these stuff really occupy my mind throughout the day and i resort to all sorts of ways solving these 2 problems...

Hubby's health and work is also kinda affected cos of the sleepless nights... he is so use to sleep in a quiet environment and now he has to bear with the crying while i look after liz... and he dun get enough sleep... His asthma came back and his temper gt a little bad... but lucky we talk to each other alot... and eventually we work out some form of schedule so that both of us have enough sleep...

I realize communication is very important at this point... I guess it also help in bringing the couple closer...

Now being a mommy myself... i love my mom so much... thinking of the trouble and issues i had given her when i was a baby...

Mommy i love you!!!

No comments: